The Island of Lanzarote is one of the most beautiful, breathtaking places in the world.
It offers so much in the way of excitement and adventure. We want you to enjoy your time on our beautiful shores… so we would like to give you some simple advice to improve your time here.
- UK Residents are entitled to use the Spanish National Health Service (Servicio Canario de Salud). You can apply for your European health Card at any post office in the UK.
- If you are on regular medication – then please do remember to bring them with you. So many people count out their pills, transfer them to suitable containers… and then leave them on the shelf as they leave home. Maybe try putting them with your passport and tickets… then you’ll not forget to bring them. Don’t worry though, as we have everything you need here, and can help.
- If you have been hospitalized in the last 12 months, then bring with you a full medical record, and your Doctor’s contact details.
- If you are pregnant, then please bring your pregnancy medical records, and a “fit to travel” certificate from your own Doctor. If you are on Warfarin, or any other anticoagulant therapy, then please bring your medical chart with you.
* No vaccinations are necessary to visit Lanzarote.
- The water here is high in mineral content, and can cause stomach upsets to visitors not used to it. Bottled water is available in all supermarkets, very cheaply, so stick to that. Most bars and restaurants use ice made with water that is fine for you, but do not hesitate to check if you are unsure.
Extra things to remember:
- Yes, you’re on holiday… and like most people, you may wish to have a few drinks, while you relax. 95% of with injuries, lacerations, falls and fractures here, are suffered by people who have had just “one too many”. So drink with moderation.
- The sun here is very strong, and even breaches the cloud… so don’t forget skin protection.
- Don’t forget that we drive on the other side of the road here, and local drivers are not always friendly, so be very careful… especially on roundabouts!